Seccom Group Websites - Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our websites:
seccomgroup.com and training.seccomgroup.com
Seccom Group is a trading name of GDPR Auditing Limited (we or us). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 5435232 and we have our registered office at 47 The Lanes, Over, Cambridge, CB24 5NQ. Our VAT number is 944569581.
- You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You are not permitted to use our websites:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material, or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, or send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware, or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or resell any part of our websites in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any section or part of our websites;
- any equipment or network on which our websites are stored;
- any software used in the provision of our websites; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
- we will make regular backups of all data on the e-learning portal and will retain them for 60 days.
Suspension and termination
- We will determine, at our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
- We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Suspension and termination
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
Version 1 – this policy was last updated May 2020